Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stuck with me for an ETERNITY (band)

Well, haven't had too much to write about in the past couple of weeks. But, I thought I would write a blog about my new wedding ring. By now, everyone in Clay County knows about it, but I don't care. I have a story behind it. Next week, I'll write about Ethan's 3rd Birthday party, so just listen to my ring story!

When John proposed to me 6 years ago, he had a gorgeous carat 1/4 engagement ring for me, and it was a beauty. We went to Jones Store (it was not Macy's yet) and got an 88 dollar band with some itty bitty diamonds to go along with my engagement ring. I was happy. We couldn't afford anymore because not only were we planning a wedding and paying for most of it ourselves, and we were in the process of buying a house. Yeah, smart, young couple, huh?

Anyhoo, I had always LOVED eternity bands, but they were not popular at the time and no stores carried them when we went to look (we couldn't have afforded one anyway, so I guess it didn't matter.) The idea of never having to turn my ring around to see the diamonds was just a concept that seemed awesome to me (ok, it takes very little to make me happy, I admit!)

Fast forward, I rarely wear my engagement ring for fear of harming Ethan or anyone else for that matter. Or worse, loosing my diamond out of it when I'm at work or doing housework!!! That would be devastating! I still wear it on special occasions and think it is just beautiful, but it's too showy for everyday life for me. I have a garage sale about 2 years ago, and at the end of the day, my 88 dollar band that John had put on my finger the day of our wedding was gone. I was devastated. Not for the fact of the expense of it, because I am a sentimental person. This was the ring that held our vows to each other for life, and now I will never be able to pass it down to future children/grandchildren. Well, I got past my mourning stage, we went to Wal-Mart, "upgraded" to a ring that looked almost exactly like my original, and went about our life.

Fast forwarder, the Wal-mart ring was fine, and we always said we would upgrade when we got older. Well, I don't want to wait until I'm older, and so I mentioned to John that I really wanted an eternity band for our 6 year anniversary coming up in April. All of you who know my hubby knows his reaction "go pick one out and get it!" He's pretty easy to convince. We went out and were blown away by prices, but not knocked down. So we went to Kay jewelers where John got his wedding ring, and they of course, didn't have eternity bands. But they had special order catalogs. The lady opened up and I turned to the page where I found my beautiful eternity band that is gracing my wedding finger as we speak. We had to special order it, and I about died while I waited for it to come in, then the fateful call came. We rushed out to Metro North mall (if that's what you can call it) and I was like an ADD kid about ready to jump across the counter waiting for her to take it out of the bag! She took it out, and I'm pretty sure Journey started playing in the background! I was in love. Now, those of you who have seen the band have said "oh, it's pretty" and I know what you're really thinking is "this is what she's been waiting for? I was expecting a fat ring." I am a very simple gal when it comes to jewelry, and this ring has diamonds all around, and they are flush with the band. It's a perfect ring for me. I love it. Below are two pics I took, but it really doesn't do the ring justice. In fact, it just looks like gold band almost in the pics.


Here it is, hans solo, which is how you will see it 98.7 percent of the time. Yes, those are diamonds, and they go all the way around. And they are beautiful!

And here it is with my overpowering engagement ring. Yes ladies, I know this is how you would prefer to wear it. Again, simple gal!
So there you have it. The not-so-cliff notes of how I got my eternity band I have always wanted. After six years and birthing your clone, thank you, Bub for letting me wear it before our actual anniversary in April. I will love you for an eternity (you all can either say awww or puke at this point.)
***UPDATE*** I was going through my tank top drawer about a month ago, and guess what I found...my ORIGINAL wedding ring! I now wear it on my right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment