Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Big E Turned 3!

Wow, where does the time go, seriously? I just am still in a state of shock thinking that in 2 years, my child will be in grade school. Ok, enough of the sounding like all mothers do when they get sentimental, on with the party! This year, we only had family because our house can house like, 2.5 people, comfortably, and his I was in denial that his birthday was fast approaching! John and I were hussling like mad people trying to get the house finished up before the party, but we pulled it off. Unfortunately, for about 85% of the party, our birthday boy was a GROUCH! He stayed at Grandma Northweather's the night prior, so he took a nap on the long ride home from Belton (he is like his father; the minute his butt hits a car seat, he's asleep!) So he didn't want to eat and the whole family was starving, so we were all wolfing food down and I'm sure a couple of people had heartburn that night!

Then, we get to the presents. Some, he was indeed happy about. But others, he got angry about. Seriously, a 3 year old gets angry that he's getting toys? How did I get so blessed? At one point, he opened a toy up, announced to me, angrily, "I told you I already had a mack truck" and chucked it across the room." Wow, there's a moment I'm so glad got on film! And then, I got him Handy Manny tools, and he screamed "I hate Handy Manny and his tools" and was mad again. By this time, I've chalked it up to not enough nap and I that my child is way spoiled.

Fortunately, there is a light at the end of this birthday tunnel. His mood turned around with cake time, because mom made him a bang up chocolate chip cake (they don't make the choc. chip cake mix anymore, so genius me made it with a bag of chips, and they all sunk to the bottom. But, the cake tasted good.) And he had his little 16 month old cousin, Mason, there to play with him, so he was happy by the time everyone left. Just the luck. So, on with the pics!


This was one of the toys he was very pleased with. I didn't get snapshots of the toys that flew across the room!


Ethan and cousin Mason. It was so cute to watch Mason imitate his big cousin Ethan and think all of the toys were great. At least someone appreciated the presents!



My first attempt at making Ethan's birthday cake. The last 2 years, I've went the Wal-Mart route, but Ethan loves chocolate chip muffins, so I wanted to make it extra special, and I even found Ethan candles at Party America. Bonus! Oh, the theme was Cars, if you couldn't tell.



And the Ethan candles threw him off a little bit, because normally all he has is the one candle that says 1, 2, 3, etc. on it. So, with a little help from Dad, we got those darn candles blew out!

It's tradition every year since his first birthday that he takes a photo with everyone that came to the party, but quite frankly, I'm just too lazy to post all of those pics. But, I'm just vain enough to post our family pic :-)

And there you have it. Our little family, and finally a happy birthday boy. I love you, E man, and could you do me a favor and stop growing so fast?

2 comments:

  1. tell your mommy to get on planning the playgroup party....we need to celebrate....3 is a big number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you think it's time for an update? It's pretty bad when we blog more often, considering we never blog ; ) Can't wait to see you guys! At least I can get my Northweather fix in person, rather than through the blog!

    ReplyDelete