Monday, January 19, 2009

The catch up blog...what makes my life tick?

Ok, so quite frankly, if you are reading this, chances are you know me, somehow. My OCD personality is going to require me to catch you up on my life in this first blog, and from then on I can move on to fun, everyday stuff, which will most likely always include my son, Ethan.

I am 29 (the big 3-0 hits this year; still coming to grips with this aspect.) I graduated from Winnetonka High and DeVry (yay for lifetime student loans!) At DeVry, I met the man I would marry, Johnathan Northweather. We did not get along while he attended DeVry, and I was a faculty assistant in some of his classes. We "re-met" at a mutual friends party a year later, and something clicked this time around. We dated for 2 years and then he FINALLY :-) popped the question at GoJo's (or rather, in the parking lot in the car!)


We married on April 26, 2003 and bought a house in Liberty, MO, which I consider my hometown. John came from Belton. So he had quite a drive to see me when we were dating :-) We've been in the same house for 6 years and love it here.



We knew we always wanted children, just didn't realize it was going to be so hard getting there! But, after 2 years of trying, the pink lines showed up on the stick, and my stomach began to protrude!!















And on February 20, 2006 at 2:57p John Ethan Phillip Northweather made his entrance in the world (on his due date and with no induction!) He has been the complete focus of our world ever since!


I am a stay-at-home mommy now to Ethan, who turns the big 3 next month! It's a big switch from the full-time work force, but it's something that I will never get back, so I treasure it. I have my AAAHHHH days, but who doesn't?? I do work a couple days a week at Longhorn Steakhouse, and have had that gig since Ethan was 6 months old. I'm sure I'll be there until Ethan is in Kindergarden, at least.



So here is a very small collage of Ethan through his life thus far of 3 years:
And there you have it. In 8 years, I feel I've accomplished a lot, so far. I know there is so much more to come, which is scary and exciting all at the same time. Ethan will be starting Kindergarden in 2 short years! Stay tuned to the next installment of the ramblings of Mrs. N!

1 comment:

  1. love it, love it, love it!!! I'm so glad you decided to join the blogging world. I love the prego picture:) Can't wait to see you on Wednesday.
    Em

    ReplyDelete