Monday, January 26, 2009

Excuse me while I kiss the skylight!

We had a busy week here at the Northweather household! Wednesday we had a small playgroup at Zona Rosa and the kids got to run some energy off (always a good thing.) Emily and our crew went to catch some lunch at Jason's Deli afterward (great pastrami sandwiches!!)


Ethan, Preston and Mallory in a leaf. Yep, just a leaf!


And what play area would be complete without a large bear and a honeypot?

Ethan and Mallory looking precious at lunch. (seriously, what were they plotting?)


And partaking in their favorite part of the meal: FREE ICE CREAM!


Friday and Saturday, of course, I always put in my 8 hours (total, that is) of hard work at Longhorn and catch up on the weekly gossip with the LH posse. In addition to this, I also did a paint job that had a bathroom with a skylight that reached to Heaven with my mom (we both are not fans of heights) so that was great fun climbing ladders we both despise! There was a little fun to be had in light of all the "work" I was putting in, though. I took Ethan to a Parents as Teachers event where the kids got to do creative things? I guess is what you would call it. I caught a couple of quick pics, but it's hard to keep track of your munchkin when there are a million other ones running around like banchees!

Aahh, yes, the wonderous fun of shaving cream smeared on a table. Not sure what this teaches kids, but Ethan loves to make messes, so it was up his alley!



We made "snow angels" which I thought was a super cute idea and I'm going to hang it in his room so he can see how big he was when he was (almost) 3. I had him draw a face on it, and believe it or not, this kid can draw a face. Now, it might look a little scary, but he does the eyeballs, nose and mouth! Love my little boy genius!

Here he is super involved in stamping. He actually enjoyed this a lot more than I thought he would, so Momma will be making a trip to Michaels to get her boy some stamps now!


And that about wraps it up. I will end with saying that, as I write this blog, my boys are asleep in the front room and I got a nice candid shot that neither are the wiser to. I love sleeping daddy/son shots:


No comments:

Post a Comment