Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fun Run = Hell Run!!!

I was starting out my Monday with every intention of getting soo much done. Other than my early morning computer session which I'm beginning to treasure while Ethan still snoozes, I was getting my grocery list done, checkbook balanced, get laundry caught up, you get the idea. Then, I get a call from my friend, Bree. They are going to this "Fun Run" place where there are thousands of inflatable slides and play areas. I resisted, but then got hit with a second friend Brie, so I printed off a coupon (this place is 7 bucks, dude!) and headed there with an eager Ethan.

HOLY TOM CRUISE AND L. RON HUBBARD, DON'T GO ON A SCHOOL HOLIDAY! This place was an absolute madhouse, full of crazy kids running off energy that shouldn't even be legal! And with Ethan being such a short lil guy, keeping track of him was practically impossible. I think I had six anxiety attacks while there because I kept losing him in those large inflatables! (not a great place for a high strung mom!!) But, in between anxiety and nervous breakdowns, Ethan had a great time and I got to visit with the mommies:

That's right, ladies. Line your daughters up, because my son is helping Kennedy do the laundry!


So, after staying there for about 5 hours (and that is no joke) we headed home, ate lunch, took a well deserved nap and THEN headed to Los Compas to meet the same above-mentioned friends for some mexican food and margaritas. (ok, the kids just got the food part!)


The world-famous (or at least, Liberty famous) fishbowl margarita. I can finish one of these on my own, but I wasn't looking to be laid out on the floor that evening! These are the killer B's (Bree and Brie) in the pic, and Keenon :-). Thanks hubs, for being my DD!

This would be our clan of goofballs we call our children: Kaden, Ethan, Kennedy and Keenon. Let's just say, we were the family you do NOT want to sit by in a restaurant! At one point, so desperate to talk to other adults, we were ordering the kids to go under the table and play fort! LOL, I think it was a gathering of the parents of the year nominees!

And seriously, who can get through dinner without hittin' someone up on their 2-way! Obviously, not these kids!

As far as my Monday chores go, I got the dishwasher loaded. That wasn't even on my list of to-do's! Wow. Quite an accomplishing day, but at least there was a margarita squeezed in there. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have 2 days worth of stuff to catch up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment