Wednesday, January 21, 2009

History Has Taken Place!

So here I am on a Wednesday morning, and if I was asked to name our president, I would say Barack Obama. Is that strange to anyone else?

I will admit, I'm scared and kind of excited all at the same time. I was never a Bush fan, Senior or W, and for that matter I was really never what I considered a Republican. This election, I did vote for McCain. (I actually voted for the first time in my life, not something I'm proud of!) I didn't choose him because he's Republican or any of that party nonsense, I really began to like the guy and his ideals. It took me awhile to come to that conclusion, after watching the news, reading articles on the net, talking with my crazy Republican husband :-)

But, such is life. This would have been such an historical election either way. We either gained an African-American president, or a woman vice president. Either way, Ethan's first presidential election will go down in the history books, and his baby book for that matter! Even though I voted McCain, the day that Obama was elected, I did have Ethan pose for a photo op with the computer:
Do I hope he fails miserably as a president? NO! Why would I want to live in a country that is going to go to shambles? I truly hope he has what it takes to turn this country around, and I will gladly admit I was wrong! I raise my cup of hazelnut coffee to the 44th president of the United States. Here's hoping you can at least half-way fix us!

No comments:

Post a Comment