Thursday, January 29, 2009

Teeth and Toddlers!

We hit the ground running Wednesday from the dentist to playgroups! Ethan's second dentist appointment was yesterday, even though it was his very first teeth cleaning (the first visit they just get them used to sitting in the chair and count their teeth. Good idea so they aren't terrified of the dental chair like many adults!) He was a champ and wasn't scared a bit. They polished his pearly whites all up with "strawberry" and the dentist checked the chip on his front tooth that he got at a year old (backstory: he sleeps with us, he woke up, sleep crawled to the end of the bed, fell off before John and I even realized what was going on, smiled at me the next morning, and that's when I realized he looked like Floyd off of Dumb and Dumber. Ok, the last part is exaggerated of course, but it freaked me out that he had just got his cute little teeth and now will have to live with this chip until it falls out!) Whew, let me breathe now. Ok, couple of dental pics:

This is the dental hygienist, Debbie, who was MY hygienist when I was 6 years old until I was 18!
And this is Debbie's husband and dentist, Dr. Jerry, who also was my dentist, of course, from 6 to 18 checkin' out the E man's chompers. The bright light made this picture a little hard to see, but you still get the idea.

After the dentist we went to playgroup, where we threw one of our own, Emily, a Happy Job party (we look for any excuse to throw parties and eat!) She is going to be working at Liberty Hospital and she is the first of us to join the full-time work force. I have a pretty good feeling I'm next in line since I only have one kid and he goes to kindergarden in 2 years! Anyway, it was great and we were actually able to get a couple of decent shots of the whole group with my camera that has a timer (LOVE IT!)


We were actually able to shove all the kids to the other side of the room to get just a mommies pic and toast Emily (she's the one in the red sweater in the back.)

And then, of course, here is the whole group as it stands now. You know how hard it is to get all those kids to look at the camera at the same time? It's impossible! One of the girls, Megan, is ready hatch her second, and everyone else, excluding me, has 2 kiddos. I want to give you an idea how much this group has grown. Below is a picture of us when we first all got together 2 years ago and each had 1 child:

And below is us today, all with 2 kids, or incubating the second one, except me of course:

Pretty big change in just 2 short years, huh? But, that's how we roll! We'll miss you during the playgroups, Em, but we will definitely have evening playgroups, even if it's just for the mommies :-) Good luck on your new job!

And Megan would probably kill me if she saw that I posted this, but I think her little tummy is so cute! She is literally due next week. Then their will be 11 kids up from the original 6. Wow. It's still amazing to me how fast our little playgroup has almost doubled!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go E on the dentist...so proud of you...and what a lovely picture of all those mommy's drinking...hehe....we have such an awesome group...don't we!! Always good times!

    ReplyDelete